Chocolate Pal Kozhukattai!!!!Not able to imagine right?I first used to make this yummy recipe pal kozhukattai as my SNC family does.But i change the idea of do that same and altered with Ind-Western mode.So here i start this month with yummy creamy dessert from South Indian Cuisine with little Western touch.If you want to try this with dark chocolate also give best result.I used semisweet chocolate powder.Inside little bit salty and outside yummy sweetness.This is the specialty of this one.Adding salt would enhance the flavor of the sweet or dessert recipes so that our elders introduce that to us.:)
Having the same method to do the dumplings with a tablespoon of coco powder done its magic.Also added 50 ml of cream at the end of preparation to make the dessert more creamy and yummy one.Try this one definitely you will love this yummilicious dessert.
Lets Start Cooking....
Preparation time:20 minutes
Cooking time:25 minutes
- Ordinary milk - 200 ml+200ml
- Rice flour - 200 gm
- Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence - 2 drops
- Cardamom powder - a pinch
- Cream - 2 spoons
- Sugar - 50 gm
- Salt - a pinch
- Mix rice flour with warm water with a pinch of salt,tbsp of coco powder and make paste.
- Boil 200 ml milk and add the paste and cook until it becomes a soft dough.
- Cool for a minute and make balls in a plate.
- Take a large heavy bottomed sauce pan and add 100 ml water and 200 ml milk and boil with a pinch of cardamom powder.
- Add the balls in the boiling milk.Cook until they came up.Do not stir as soon as you add the balls.
- After they get cooked,in a separate bowl whisk cream,vanilla essence,sugar,cocoa powder.
- Add the cream mixture to it and cook for 2 minutes.
- When it becomes thick,switch off the flame and serve hot.
- I made this from scratch method as our elders do.In home Mom made like this only.
- If you don't want to add essence skip that.Add another pinch of cardamom powder.It goes well in all situations.
- Do not stir the balls as soon as you added the balls.It will broke and damaged.
- Adding coconut milk or fresh coconut i skipped here.If you want to add,add coconut at the final stage after cream.Don't overcook after adding coconut milk.
Creamy Chocolaty Kozhukattai Is Ready To Serve!!!!
Have A Nice Day!!!!