Welcome South Vs North Challenge.Having this yummy dessert as this month challenge.To know more about the challenge.CLICK HERE.This wonderful challenging event is conducted by DIVYA PRAMIL,one of my blogging friend.To join visit her space.
Now coming to this month challenge for us,a yummy creamy channa dal halwa posed by Kirti who blogs here.
Northern team Challenge - Dum Biryani from Swasthi
Southern team Challenge - Chickpea Halwa from Kirti
This month challenge is so yummy and so creamy due to milk and ghee.Adding more ghee to the recipe makes so soft and yummy one but if you are so conscious about your weight reduce the amount of ghee while making Indian Sweets.Serve this halwa either in a bowl or make pieces and serve.
I had some leftover boiled channa dal today in home after finishing making masala vada.So i uae that for this recipe.Its already soaked and boiled.So i made this halwa so easily. I served this to you right from pan.Enjoy and share your thoughts.My family members enjoyed this and told that this was first halwa i made it without any disaster.
Lets Start Cooking....
Preparation time:20 miutes
Cooking time:35 minutes
- Channa dal/Chick pea lentil - 200 gm soaked and boiled
- Sugar - 250 gm
- Milk - 500 ml
- Cardamom powder - 1 tbsp
- Almonds - finely chopped
- Ghee - 6 tbsp
- Soak channa dal for 3 hours and pressure cook them for 3 whistles.Strain water and cool for a minute.Make paste like this with back of the spoon or grind them without adding water.
- Heat wok and add ghee.To the hot ghee add the paste and saute well until raw smell leaves.
- Divide 500 milk into 250 ml + 250 ml milk.So that it would be easy to make the dessert faster.
- First add 250 ml milk after ghee gets separated and stir well until it becomes absorbed and dried.
- Add second milk and stir well in low flame.It gets absorbed.
- To that add sugar,cardamom powder with chopped almonds and stir well until sugar combines with it.It starts melting and add a tbsp of ghee.Stir well and add another spoon of ghee and stir well.
- The halwa is ready when it is unstick to the sides and to your wet hands.
- Serve hot or make pieces in a ghee greased tray.Set for few minutes and make pieces.
- Always cook in low flame.
- Use heavy bottomed pan for making Indian sweets involving ghee,milk sweets.
- Make piece if you wish.I serve this is in yummy bowl and serve right from my kitchen.
Yummy Creamy Chickpea Halwa Is Ready To Serve!!!!
Have A Nice Day!!!!
Am a part of Southern team.Linking this yummy dessert to