Radish Poori!!!sounds interesting right?having an idea to make this poori and done immediately after i saw it in the recipe book.No need of water for making dough.The water content in radish itself is enough for making soft dough.One idea for making the dough for rotis or any other flat Indian bread.Use vegetable stock in substitute for water.It makes the rotis or chapatis more flavor-able and healthier.
Want to hit weight or any other problem regarding weight,take water content veggies in your daily routine.This will definitely help you to control and avoid over weight.
Here i used boiled radish mashed and combined with whole wheat flour and with salt and little pepper powder your dough is ready for making poori:)Yummy poori is ready to serve in minutes.Serve this poori with poori masala or any other curries.
Preparation time:20 minutes
Cooking time:10 minutes
- Whole wheat flour - 250 gm
- Radish - 100 gm
- Salt - to taste
- Pepper powder - 1 tbsp
- Oil - 500 ml for frying
- Peel the radish skin and chop into thin slices.Pressure cook them for 10 minutes.
- Take whole wheat flour and combine them with salt and mix well.
- Drain the cooked radish and mash with hands.
- Add pepper powder to the wheat flour and combine evenly.
- Add mashed radish and mix with wheat flour mixture.no water needed for this dough.
- Immediately make pooris using rolling pin.
- Heat 500 ml oil and fry pooris until brown and drain in tissue paper.
- Serve with your desired masala.
- Using vegetable stock or water content vegetables are more beneficial and healthy too.
- Add more pepper powder if you want more spicy pooris.
- Mash the radish well or grind them in the blender and then add it to the wheat flour.
- This does not consumes more oil.So dont worry about that.We substitute the radish with water.
- Serve this with poori masala or any other desired curries or simply dal.