Happy Valentine's Day!!!!Wishing you all a lovely Valentine's Day.
Moong Dal ke Chille!!!A delicious Rajasthani Savory Pancakes using green gram.Having an idea to do a savory pancake not usually with the usaual rice flour or with all purpose flour.Suddenly saw the recipe in my cookbook,there i had an idea to try this wonderful and mild pancakes.It need easy preparation and no additional things apart from pantry.having the idea to post this today because i tried this and came out very well.
Green gram is a good binder or make the dish creamy.They are not like other lentils and legumes.They are so soft when cooked and melts while eating.Here i used split green gram with green chillies,ginger garlic paste and a cup of coriander.There you get a perfect an dhealthy pancakes.Green chillies and coriander leaves are made paste in this recipe to avoid ignoring the ingredients while eating.
Lets Start cooking....
Prepartion time:20 minutesCooking time:10 minutes
- Green gram - 250 gm soaked for 2 hours
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Green chillies - 5 nos
- Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - As required
- Soak green gram for approximately 1-2 hours.Grind them by adding little water in the blender.
- Chop green chillies and coriander leaves finely and grind them separately using blender.
- Take a large bowl and combine green gram batter along with green chillies and coriander paste.
- Add 1 1/2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste and mix them with required salt.
- Add water if required.The consistency is dropping consistency.So add water as needed.
- Heat pan and smear 2 drops of oil.Take one laddle full of mixed batter and make pancakes by levelling smoothly in the pan.
- Cook until brown and flip the other side cook until brown.
- Serve with desired dip.This goes best with coconut and coriander chutneys.
- Use chilli powder in the place of green chillies.This gives you more spicy and put 1 tbsp is enough.
- The original recipe contains chopped green chilli and coriander leaves but here i grind them for not wasting those.This provide more flavor than adding as it is.
- Adding water is important here because when the water here is more than needed,the pancakes cannot be perfect.
- Grind green gram into a fine paste without any particles,It will be easier to make pancakes.
Moong Dal ke Chille Is Ready To Serve!!!!
Have A Nice Day!!!!!